Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Fiesta and more swimming

Yesterday Rosario threw a party for us since we are all officially Sinclairs. It was a really nice party. I wish there would have been one sooner so that all of the kids could have gotten to know each other from the start of the trip instead of the end. In the B&B there is one family from Germany adopting a boy and girl, a German mom adopting a boy, a family from Denmark adopting a girl, a family from Spain adopting a boy and girl. It’s a full house J

Yesterday Paul also got the corrected birth certificates for the girls. He was gone from 7 -5pm. The girls and I went to the mall for a little, then to Exito to get a belt for Vani (she is so skinny that most of her pants don’t stay up). In the afternoon we made brownies for the party.

Today we went to the country club again with Rosario and the family from Spain. It was nice for the girls to get one more good swim in before we leave. We had a good day together.

After the country club we got passport photos. Manu and Vani did good, but Angie was so tired so didn’t want to hold her head up for the photo. Paul told her she could have a sucker (boom boom) if she let them take her picture. You just have to say the majic word and all of a sudden she is more than willing to get her picture taken!!
……okay Chris is in bed asleep so I will finish the post for her.
Vanesa and Manuela were a little squirmy tonight, maybe because to the suckers. It took them a little longer to fall asleep than normal. After the passport pictures were done, we let them have their suckers. The suckers Chris bought were blue. So for the rest of the night the girls got a kick out of their blue tongues, lips, cheeks, hands, hair,…….you get the picture.
Bedtime has been such a pleasure lately. Angee pretty much asks to be put in her bed once she is done with her bath. Once Angee is in bed, we read a story to Vani and Manu and lights out. The last three nights Vanesa has asked me to hold her for a while after the light has gone out. I’ve been taking advantage of the opportunity!! She had crawled in my lap and I rock her to sleep. I know these days are numbered, so I am taking advantage of it while I can. She has opened up a lot more lately. She give us hugs more often and she likes saying in English “ I love you…good night”. We love hearing it. Slowly but surely she is starting to open up, and it is wonderful to watch happen!
We really don’t have much planned for tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow will be our last full day in Pereira. The lawyer told me yesterday that we should be flying to Bogota Monday night sometime. That was music to my ears!! That means it is very possible for us to be home maybe by next Friday!! Once we get the girl’s passports on Monday afternoon we will fly to Bogota. Once in Bogota it takes about three days to do all the required documents for the visa’s for the girls. So hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday I will be making flight arrangements to come home!! We will post the flight info as soon as we get it. Again let me say everyone is invited, family and friends, to meet us at the airport. We can’t wait for you to meet them!
Chris and I are going to start packing tomorrow night. Yikes!! I’m already looking around for stuff we can leave behind. We will probably do most of the packing tomorrow night, after the girls go to bed. It will definitely get done faster without little hands trying to help!
I will put more pictures on tomorrow. Good night!!

3 comments:

D and Moni said...

yeah we can't wait to see you!!! If you come home Friday, we may not have the kids with us at the airport because it's my niece Veronica's birthday and the kids are invited...but I am sure we can schedule many play dates once you are settled. i bet it feels good to have a sleep routine that is working, especially when you are pooped! I love reading every word! Keep up the posts in bogota! We will be praying things go smoothly and quickly!

Anonymous said...

That's so great that everything seems to be going smoothly. Hopefully the routine won't change too much once you get to Bogata. Can't wait to see you when you arrive. I'm sure you all will be exhausted, rightfully so.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your time over there is coming to an end and being home as a family is in sight! We pray that when you leave there and head to Bogota everything will go smoothly as well. I know you all must be tired and ready for some normal home time. Thanks again for all your posts, we really enjoy reading them as well as the pictures.
Kyle @ Rhonda