Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pictures....get your pictures!!!!!

Click the flickr button for pictures of today. We had a blast! The girls are so sweet. We could not have asked for this day to go any better! This is Paul writing by the way. We have bonded very well so far. It is so cool to hear three little girls yelling Papi! The girls kept hiding in the room and would yell. Papi come find me (of course I translated that for you)! I would go find them and tickle them and they loved it. We also went for a swim today because Vanesa was begging us to go. I can definitely say I’ve learned more Spanish in one day than in my entire life.
The meal times went well. Vanesa is a fast eater so she gets bored waiting for everyone else to finish. Wow do these girls eat! I might have to get a second job just to feed them. There was definitely no forcing when it came to food. If it’s put out, they eat. Even Angee! We had spaghetti for dinner and Angie had a fork in one hand and a spoon in the other and they were alternating places in her mouth.
All I can say is, God is good! There is no doubt in my mind these girls are supposed to be in our family. For the most part we are able to overcome the language barrier. Vanesa gets a little frustrated sometimes because we don’t understand something she says, but she is handling it well. I am soooo thankful the internet works in our room. I keep a translator website open on the laptop and just type stuff in when I need to. Babelfish has been the best site for translating that I have found so far.
After bath time we got the girls in their pajamas and read them a book. While Chris was reading Angee fell asleep in my arms. After we were done with the book I put Angee in here bed and we said prayers with Vanesa and Manuela. We kissed them and tucked them in and told them we loved them and turned the light out. Vanesa and Manuela were out cold in about 15 minutes. Since we have 2 double beds Vanesa and Manuela are sharing a bed. They brought a pack and play type bed up for us to use for Angee.
I’m sure we will have our bumpy moments in the near future, but we are sooooo glad today went good. I give all the glory to God. We feel so blessed. We can’t wait for everyone to meet them. They are a lot of fun. Well it’s my turn for a shower so I will sign off. If Chris is feeling up to it she might add her 2 cents. Enjoy the pictures!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!! What a thrill to see you all together.
We will continue to pray for God's blessings to pour out to you. Dad is busy printing pictures as tears are streaming down his face. what a marshmellow. ;-) Keep Anne and Tim in your prayers.
Love always Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Paul & Chris
The girls are so cute. Vanesa looks alot like Chris (from the pictures). Sounds like a match made in heaven, if not, a match till Zion gets here. Looks & sounds like your all enjoying yourselves, we'll be praying that the transition goes smooth. Take care. Damian

Anonymous said...

Paul & Christina,
What a perfect family! We are so happy for you both. The girls are lovely and it sounds like they are feeling quite comfortable. Sounds like Paul has a "daddy's girl"! Congrats to all of you. We can't wait to meet them.
Tim & Debie