Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hugs and Kisses 2 (Papi’s perspective)

Another wonderful day in the books! I thought I would first start by telling you some funny stuff from today. We turned the TV on for the first time on our trip. When we talked to the people about the girl’s normal activity for the week, they told us they usually watch a little bit of TV on Sundays. So in an effort to try to keep things in somewhat normal for them we turned it on. This will probably change when we get home since we don’t watch TV usually on Sundays. I was flipping the channels trying to find something and came across a children’s cartoon it looked okay so I left it there. Wow what a cartoon! I was laughing so hard Vanesa was trying to figure out what I was doing. The cartoon was sooooooo politically incorrect that Jessi Jackson and Al Sharpton should be marching the streets of Colombia. It was one of those things that children wouldn’t pick up on, but grownups would. I can’t really explain it, so if I happen to run across the cartoon again I’ll have to take a picture. I’m pretty sure this cartoon would be banned in America.
I would have to say that today has been one of the best days yet. The girls did so good today! Chris already told you about the country club so I’ll skip to the evening. One of the routines we are doing with the girls is singing. So about 15 minutes before dinner is ready we all sing songs. They love to sing and we love to sing with them. First we usually sing English songs…. Head shoulders knees and toes, My God is so big, and if your happy and you know it. Then we ask the girls to teach us some Spanish songs. It is so fun to watch them, they really get into it! There is one song that they sing were you move your hips back and forth and pat your cabesa (head). It is hilarious!! I finally got some video of it tonight! I wish I could post it for you all to see. I think Chris and I definitely agree that Colombians are born to dance! Papi is definitely going to have to own a shotgun to keep “the flies” away.
Chris and I are getting good at tag teaming. While she showers the girls one at a time, I keep the other 2 busy either working on letters or doing a puzzle. When one comes out of the shower another goes in. Papi then gets the freshly cleaned girl lotioned up and in their Pajamas.
The girls were definitely more affectionate today. I got my first kiss from Angee today! Manuela gave me a hug at the pool, and Vanesa asked me to carry her down to dinner. What a great day! Vanesa is one of those girls (so far) who doesn’t like to show that she cares, but you know inside she is begging for affection. She has never pushed me away when I have hugged or kissed her, but she doesn’t usually show any sign of a response either. I just think she needs time to really believe that we do love her before she will open up. I look forward to that day! It will be like a beautiful rose opening for the first time!Well I would like to post pictures tonight so I guess I’ll stop yacking so I have time to get them posted. Thank you again for all of your prayers! They have definitely been answered!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all are getting along quite wonderfully! Thank you so much for the daily posts and of course the great pictures, we look forward to reading them! It's supposed to be a high of 19 today and start snowing later, so enjoy that 75, and think of all of us back home. Go enjoy your family, and get all the hugs and kisses you can, our teenagers don't give them anymore!!
Love, Kyle & Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I love your daily accounts! You both write so well. Those children are adorable. You will make them great parents! God is good! Love, Bonnie