Saturday, June 6, 2009

So Much to Tell You

(This is Chris)
The last few months have been a busy with so many activities and first experiences for all of us. I’ll try to summarize some what we have been up to.

We have been able to see the girls personalities come out a little more. Vanesa is excellent at organizing. Manu loves to clean things and help mommy clean. Angee is the goofiest little lady. Often she emphasizes things by making silly faces or using a different voice. She is the most animated.

Vanesa started school on March 18th. She is in the 1st grade and has a load of excellent teachers. Four weeks after starting school, she began reading to me -small books, but what an accomplishment in such a short time. She really likes school, especially P.E. She is getting to be pretty proficient in her addition and subtraction of numbers 0 – 20. She has had a couple really frustrating days, but she always pulls through. She really likes school. Vani started summer school on June 1st. She keeps asking when the last day of school is. She had a couple days off before summer school and it was nice to have her home.

Vanesa was the first one to begin really speaking English. Within her first week of school she would come home and tell me full sentences that only consisted of the words, “Mommy, this one and that one, but then this one.” She pretty much uses only English now. She has never stopped being curious and has excellent retention when you explain or define something.

We moved Vanesa into her own room today. I wonder if she will make it through the night.

(Also, Vanesa celebrated her 7th birthday in March.)

Manu immediately took over the big sister role when Vanesa started school. She really upped the bossiness, but that has died off since she and Ang are best friends. I think Manu has changed the most. She is not the same little girl she was in January. She has more confidence; she reaches out more for attention and gives affection more easily. She is still a giggle box and loves to be tickled under her chin. She has been doing home schooling with me since we’ve been home. She knows her colors and how to count. She is working on numbers and letters. She was the last one to really start speaking English, but she is doing well with it. She is the most tender-hearted little thing. She is the best at sharing. She is our girlie girl – certainly 100% girl!

Manu and I get to spend a lot of time one-on-one while Angee naps. Sometimes we just rock in the rocking chair or she helps me with laundry. She always wants to help.

Quite a while ago, Manu said she wanted to be called Isabelle (her middle name). We haven’t quite converted to that, so in the mean time she is often called “Manu Belle.”

Angee has really been growing lately in knowledge and height. She loves to play outside. She adores our dog Bailey and always gives her kisses. Angee really loves animals. She kisses the ones in her books and her stuffed animals too.

It is amazing how the 2 year old mind works. Sometimes she just says or does stuff that is so funny I’ll laugh about it for days. For example, the first couple of times we stopped at QuikTrip it was just to use the bathroom. One time I stopped to grab a drink and when we pulled in she said, “Mommy, I don’t need to chi chi. I don’t need to chi chi.” It cracked me up that she associated QuikTrip with using the bathroom.

Ang was the second one to start speaking English. I knew she had turned the corner when, on Mother’s Day, she said in English “Mommy, this shirt on me is big.” What a big girl.

Mother’s Day was a monumental day, not because it was my first Mother’s Day, but because we had the girls blessed that day. I had thought about that every time we were at church for the last 4 years now. It was an emotional day because so many desires were being fulfilled that day, but Ang managed to lighten my sentimental mood… After church, I was asking Angee if she would please stop growing because I wanted her and her sisters to just stay this way forever. She was just giving me a blank stare and I was wondering what she was thinking when she broke my concentration by breaking wind, then she giggled and ran down the hall.

I used to always want 5 children, but I feel content. I can see us living the rest of our lives with our 3 wonderful blessings. It is nice to have peace and contentment.

2 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad everything is going so well! You are blessed!!! May God continue to bless you as you grow together.

D and Moni said...

Oh, it was so much fun to read about the girls and their personalities! I'm sure they keep you on your toes! I am so impressed with Vanessa's progress, she has picked up more English than mine have in 6 months. We just got our first full sentence last week from Jeni! I know it will come, but that is so cool...go Vani! And Manu-Belle...how cute it that! Jeni still asks when we will see you all next! Forgive me for being so busy...we have to make a date! Angee is such a crack up...can't wait to see how she has changed, grown...I hope she keeps her cheeks forever! Give em all a hug for me til we see you next! Thanks for the great post!