Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser




We are happy to report that we had a very successful fundraiser dinner on November 11th. We are thankful that we have so many friends and family that have been so supportive during this adoption process. We were able to raise $2500 towards our adoption fund. With time getting short before we travel, this was quite a relief. We could not have done this without the help of friends and family who gave at least one night to come greet people, seat people, cook food, serve drinks & spaghetti & dessert, and to stay late to help us get the dishes done and the church cleaned. We had a great time serving everyone spaghetti and listening to the brass band play Christmas music. Again, thank you to evereyone who gave of thier time, talent and financial contributions.


2 comments:

Our Adoption said...

I'm glad it went so well for you guys! And I'm so sorry we weren't able to make it. If you need anything or need to talk just let me know...I've been through this :) Hope things are going great as you continue to prepare.
Megan

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Hi, Paul & Chris! My name is Wendi W. and I found your site thru another family of CHI. We adopted a sib grp of 3 with CHI in Jun 07. It has been an adventure. I am always blessed by seeing other couples/families adopting sibling groups!

I can't wait to watch via internet as you journey thru. It is an awesome experience. We will be praying that everything falls into place as it should, and it will, because it is God's will! God bless! Wendi from Mississippi